Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
Primary Purpose of the Job
- Manages, controls and implements improvements in the day to day operations of plant units
- Oversees the preparation and management of both capital and expense budgets of the plant
- Review and recommends the policy for fire and safety throughout the company
- Carries out or oversees plant audits, troubleshooting and process development on optimization, maintenance of process integrity and facilities the devlopment of investment plans
- Ensure alignment of activities with other interdependent areas and departments of the company by the way of reporting and regular interactions through the whole of the projects lifecycle from evaluation (pre-feasibility, feasibility), development (FEED) through to execution (EPIC) and handover to operations
- Evaluate the design concepts with regard to functionality, performance, reliability, availability, operability and cost
- Evaluate project execution plans, contracting strategies, and contractor / vendor competencies. And monitor the projects during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Assume full accountability of all operations phases of the project and be prepared to do what is required to achieve the desired results.
- Develop and update detailed execution plans for all operations phases of the project,
- Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders have adequate opportunity to provide input, comments, endorsements and approvals for various phases of operations.
- Minimize risks through early identification, planning, selection of best possible operation and commissioning strategies and proactive Project Management practices which focus on prevention of problems.
- Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the Contractors selected to execute the various activities so they perform diligently all the obligations under the contract defined for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
- Ensure that adequate evaluations of operation risks performed with the participation of qualified personnel during the sessions. Also ensure that all resulting actions are pursued and resolved, and documents are updated.
- Legal / Regulatory compliance;
- Senior Management from Contracting companies providing services;
- Executive Director – Downstream;
- JV Partners
Propose and recommend for approval QPI’s share of project budget and associated expenditure at different project stages.