Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
Primary Purpose of the Job
- Provide technical assurance to management and assessment for Cairo Project, to ensure that the definition, development and operation of any company projects are undertaken to the required quality and standards.
- Manage/Guide the development and implementation of engineering components of the project at various phases of feasibility, basic design, detailed design, construction, commissioning and start up.
- Coordinate all defined stages of the project with joint venture partners and work closely with other project development and disciplines to ensure alignment of works across project
- Ensure alignment of activities with other interdependent areas and departments of the company by the way of reporting and regular interactions through the whole of the projects lifecycle from evaluation (pre-feasibility, feasibility), development (FEED) through to execution (EPIC) and handover to operations
- Evaluate the design concepts with regard to functionality, performance, reliability, availability, operability and cost
- Evaluate project execution plans, contracting strategies, and contractor / vendor competencies. And monitor the projects during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Identify and implement site efficiency improvement
- Represent company at Technical Committee Meetings with JV partners;
- Provide technical assurance;
- Protect the interests of company in technical matters;
- Ensure that facilities are defined and constructed such that anticipated production levels are achievable;
- The role will involve direct provision of the following services, or the contracting and supervision of consultants who will provide them:
- Evaluation of design concepts with regard to functionality, performance, reliability, availability, operability and cost;
- Evaluation of project execution plans, contracting strategies, and contractor / vendor competencies;
- Surveillance of project execution during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning;
- Attendance at TCMs as required;
- Technical and environmental risk and impact assessment; and
- Provide technical advice during analysis of potential investments and acquisitions.
- Legal / Regulatory compliance;
- Senior Management from Contracting companies providing services;
- Executive Director – Downstream;
- Executive Director – Commercial/Investment and Acquisitions;
- JV Partners
Propose and recommend for approval company’s share of project budget and associated expenditure at different project stages